Thursday, August 10, 2006

Nummy Envy

Sam is nursing like a fiend. He was starting to show less interest in breastfeeding, just wanting the nummies a few times throughout the day. Then he got that cold a few weeks ago and totally regressed. So lately Hubby and I have been trying to just make sure he knows he has his other options when he has been nursing a lot more than usual. I’m not weaning him or anything; I plan to follow his lead, but if he has just nursed recently and then decides he wants to again simply because he saw some cleavage or something we’ll offer him a sippy cup or regular cup instead. That’s what happened yesterday. So Hubby went to get him a sippy cup with some milk and he brought it in for Sam. On his way he made a little joke for my benefit, holding the sippy cup up to his chest, spout out, and leaning toward Sam, who opened his mouth in anticipation of the cup. My milk came down…big time.

So add that to the list of ways to get your milk going: hearing your baby cry, hearing running or rushing water, leaning forward and jiggling a bit, watching your husband affix to his chest a bright blue and green cup.

13 Comments:

Blogger Mall Worker said...

Oh my lord, that made me laugh out loud! I never leaked like that unless I was full. If that happend to me I'd have died laughing!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ella once tried to nurse on Al while he was taking a nap.

Boy did he wake up in a fright. He no longer naps with his shirt off.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Funny stuff!! I was just thinking today in the shower how weird it is that I 'let down' in there- with the water running & all.

I think it's cute you call it "nummies"... we haven't a name for it yet here!

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nummies is a good code word. I made the HUGE mistake of referring to it as boobies. Jack totally knows what boobies are and he can tell when even the most descreet woman is nursing in public. These boys!

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did he latch on right?? That is so funny!! We say nummies but my two year old calls it Mummies.

BTW:Totally share that "Jim" from the office Crush.

Jiiiimmmmm Muummies!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Too funny! At least hubby can be involved in the process too, right?
BTW, your new profile pic is darling, but Wonder Woman will be sorely missed!

1:54 AM  
Blogger Alli said...

Hahahahaha!! That's too funny! Can't wait to share that with Sweet Hubby!

And our word here for it is "Ninny". When Stephen was about 2 that seemed to be his favorite word and he would say it LOUDLY everywhere we went. He wasn't nursing anymore, but his little brother was.

9:05 AM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Cute. The let down over the cup is too much, though!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

LOL~~I needed that laugh!

I updated (right elbow/green cast); thanks for the encouragment! C

11:22 PM  
Blogger mamashine said...

We had to change our word the first time my baby said "titty". :) Then we just said nurse. I like nummies.

11:56 PM  
Blogger KatieBug said...

That is greatness! My older kids kids scream "Sister needs bwrest milk!!" every time she makes a peep.Nummies is really cute.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

That is great! I am going to have to try that one and see what happens. I better try it soon though cuz I have a feeling little guy is going to be totally weaned in a few weeks.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

lol, hillarious!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home