Saturday, June 17, 2006

80's Sunday, That's My Fun Day - week 6

Congratulations to last week's 80's Sunday winner, Crazy MamaD.


I don't actually know if her name is "Crazy" Mama D. But I've seen her site listed on the links of others' blogs as "Crazy Mama D," "The Tales of Mama D," "The Tales of Crazy MamaD." I just don't know (actually I know her real name, but that's a secret). Anyway, she's crazy, she's a winner, and she's MamaD. She correctly guessed that last week's song was "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order, it's the song everyone who has ever been to a dance club on 80's night knows, but very few can actually name.

MamaD also has a very cool game on Fridays where she writes 80's movie quotes and you guess the movie. See, that's smart. Movies have quotes. It's not like, say, making people guess songs based on only reading lyrics and not actually hearing any music...oh wait...yeah. Many of you have said that it's pretty hard to guess these songs so randomly. I don't actually know how hard it is because noone else does a game that makes so little sense. So this week we are changing things up a bit. Let me know how this works: if you like it better, if you can see the video, if it's now too easy, etc. But I think this may be the new 80's Sunday format. It gives me an excuse to get some video of Sam each week, which is pretty cool. Of course, in this one he refuses to dance while the camera is running (he started every time I stopped taping or like when the song was at the chorus) and instead stares off at Hubby in the corner who is trying to encourage him to get jiggy. So now you get to see my son standing there doing nothing. Fascinating.

Below is a video with a popular 80's song playing in the background. Using your very own knowledge, I want the title of the song and the name of the artist.

Happy Father's Day!

11 Comments:

Blogger Mall Worker said...

Died in your arms tonight...by....crap...

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cutting Crew!

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or something like that, it doesn't look right written out, but I am pretty sure that's it.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Dang--I should have come here during nap time.

I like this format--you could shorten the clue a bit.

8:42 PM  
Blogger kate said...

blast! i was so involved in father's day stuff i forgot to check in!
i just died in your arms tonight by cutting crew is a classic. a staple in the 80s diet.

9:15 PM  
Blogger beth said...

Good job Nikkie and Katie. You guys will be properly worshipped next week. I figured the band name might be a little hard. This was actually playing in the grocery store the other day. Couldn't help myself.

9:19 PM  
Blogger mamashine said...

WHY can I not remember to get here any earlier?
I knew it in the first two seconds of music... but alas, I'm too late. Again.

Oh well. :)

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe me, Beth, it's just nice to know someone feels the way I do sometimes! I am feeling good about the move. When I get down there (looks like a week from today is the big day!) I will start bloging and regaining sanity! Thanks for checking in!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

This should definately be the new format. And if I'd only come earlier it could have been all me all the time. But alas... I didn't make it in time.

I am a bit crazy. It's true. And I am proud to be a winner.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Hey! Got here late, but I knew it right away! Didn't know the band's name, tho. Oh well!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Lei said...

Oh man, sounds like I missed a fun game! LOVE the 80s. :) I'll try and catch it this week.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home