Thursday, May 04, 2006

Two Men Kissing

This was the first time that Sam gave Hubby one of his "special kisses."





On the Birthday party front, I finally let go today and ordered a cake for Sam. The thought of baking a sheet cake and 2 dozen cupcakes Sunday morning while trying to get everything else ready (including the Birthday Boy) did not sound appealing. I am a bad bad mom who isn't going to bake her son's first birthday cake. But you know what, he's not going to eat it anyway and I'll be in a much better mood for his party knowing I am not serving potentially burned cupcakes. I'd much rather spend as much time with him as possible that day; he'll probably enjoy that a lot more and so will I.

One year ago today we were one day past our due date, wondering why the Mexican food I'd had the night before was doing nothing, and waiting...stewing. Sam would not be born for several more days...

9 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

My oldest son also has a May birthday (he'll be 13 soon!) and I not-so-fondly remember the "late for the due date" fortnight! "Happy Birthday"! Can't wait to see the cake/face photos! C

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good plan about the cake. 1st birthday is all about the photo op anyway.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Since when do you have to bake a cake to be a good mom? You just saved yourself a lot of stress so you can be a good mom and enjoy the day.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

Eeek! Those are cute pictures!! You are not a bad mama for not baking the cake, you are a good mama for the reasons you mentioned. Namely getting to spend more time with Sam and be in a much better mood! Have a great time!

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little man. Those are great pictures.

I didn't bake my firstborn's first birthday cake, either.

Thank you for adding me to your blogroll.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

You are NOT a bad mom for not baking the first birthday cake! As you said, he's not going to eat much of it anyway. Save baking the first big cake for a birthday where he'll be able to enjoy it more!

Those pictures are just precious!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

You're not a bad mom for not baking the cake. And those photos are gorgeous!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Beautiful boy!

I did not bake my son's first bday cake either. He has, astonishingly, turned out okay! ;)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Lei said...

Those pictures are great... I love candid shots. Cute little thing you got there! Hapy 1st b-day to him. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home