Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My First Tag!

Mama D has tagged me for this meme. It’s my very first tag. As I’ve been looking around everyone’s blogs I’ve seen a few of these and been a little scared. Of course, I knew no one would ever tag me so I wasn’t really worried. Mama D, what have you done to me?! Actually, many thanks to you for your all too generous compliments and including me, because we all know from The Middle School of Mommyhood that I want to be included. So here goes: my first meme. And it serves me right because I was just telling Hubby as the computer warmed up that I didn’t really know what to write about tonight...be careful what you wish for.

I AM: so happy and thankful that I have started blogging. I wish I had started earlier in Sam’s life so that I would have written more about him as a little guy and so that I could have been reading the blogs of others longer; I feel behind.

I WANT: for everything coming up in the next few weeks to be wonderful – Sam’s birthday and his party, Hubby’s graduation from law school and the visiting relatives, the move to Philadelphia, the packing and unpacking, and the flight Sam and I will be taking ALONE (ah!) – for it all to run smoothly, be as fun as possible, and for us all to survive.

I WISH: that my son’s birth had gone differently. I think what happened will make me scared/anxious during the next pregnancy, whenever that may be.

I HATE: fighting with my husband. We’ve been at each other a lot lately. I think the stress of the move is getting to us. We had another huge argument today that I wish had not started. How do we stop? Neither of us wants to fight and we know this, and yet it still happens so frequently. And as soon as it begins I can see that we both want to stop and we don’t know how.

I MISS: sleeping more than 3 consecutive hours.

I HEAR: for the past 3 years, my husband sitting behind me typing on his laptop, studying for his exams, writing, researching, working. Congratulations, you are almost done...

I WONDER: what Sam will be when he grows up. (Who Are You?)

I REGRET: (I have to steal Mama D’s here) being so depressed and run down when Sam was born. I wish I could have been more mindful and appreciated him more.

I AM NOT: sure of what comes next for me.

I DANCE: with my son whenever there is music playing. He bounces and sways to everything no matter where we are. It is one of my very favorite things in the world.

I SING: almost constantly since Sam was born. I sing to him and to myself. If he wants me to stop he’ll just have to start talking to me.

I CRY: when I am really happy and just a little bit sad.

I AM NOT ALWAYS: as patient with my son and my husband as I would like to be.

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: my family’s meals...except for when I talk Hubby into ordering out.

I WRITE: for the first time, here on this blog.

I CONFUSE: what I think others want with what I really want.

I NEED: Dr. Sears’s home address so I can go over to his house and explain to him exactly why his sleep plan for babies results in a one year old who doesn’t know how to sleep on his own, resulting in wakings every 2-3 hours, and a mom who feels guilty every time she lets him cry.

I SHOULD: stop procrastinating and pack the wedding china tomorrow. I almost wish Hubby and I were living in sin and Sam was out of wedlock; I wouldn’t have all this china, stemware, and flatware to pack!

I START: a new chapter in Philadelphia.

I FINISH: with my life in Chicago, where I first started dating my husband, where we got engaged and planned our wedding, where I worked at least 5 different jobs, including a brief attempt at acting, and where we had our first baby, who is about to turn one.


Oh no! Do I have to tag someone now? Now I am seriously scared. Do people like being tagged? I barely know everyone. I’m just getting started and no one knows who the heck I am. This is exponentially more frightening than writing the meme!

Ok, here goes. To the first person who ever linked to me, I don’t know if I am thanking you or punishing you. I hope I’m thanking you in your mind, and if not, know that writing this was not that bad. It was even a little...bit...fun.

ABC Momma - You’re it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mall Worker said...

I like being tagged for meme's it gives me something to write about!

That was fun to read, thanks for sharing :)

11:04 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Thanks, Beth. I'll get mine out on Friday. Good luck packing all the china. I think we only received a few goblets from our china registry and I'm not sure we ever used them. It's been over 9 years! Oh well, less to pack if we ever move, I guess.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great meme!! I am going to watch the tag process it is such a kick!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Mama D said...

I must be so bored with myself. Reading this made me think - Wow, she's so interesting, I can't wait to hear more about this. These are things from this meme that I think you must write individual posts of. (Bearing in mind I haven't read your entire blog YET. But I'm going to, so if you already wrote in detail about these, I'm getting to it!)

-Your son's birth and what happened afterwards.

- Dr. Sears

-Your brief attempt at acting (COOL!)

And I can't believe you haven't written much before you started blogging. You have a talent. Shine on you crazy diamond. Thanks for doing this tag!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

R.O.F.L about the Dr. Sears thing. You need to convert to Dr. Weissbluth like I have!

I agree with Mama D, we need details!

Thanks for visiting!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

OK, my me-me is up now. Thanks again.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home