Friday, May 19, 2006

80's Sunday, That's My Fun Day

Congratulations to Kate for guessing last week’s 80’s tune and "artist" correctly, and to ABC Momma for a close second. Oh, Rick Astley, did you have any other songs? So here we go with week two, and it looks like we've got a competition going here so bring your A-game ladies.

Below are the lyrics to a popular 80’s song. Without using the internet as a resource, guess the song and artist and name them in your comment. First to do so correctly, wins. I'm signing off for a few days as we head out to the barren apartment, and I'm not sure how long it will take to get our internet going there. I look forward to seeing the results and checking in on your blogs soon. Enjoy!


You say although we broke up
you still just wanna be friends
but how can we still be friends
when seeing you only breaks my heart again





9 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

ooooh. . . tough one! i can't believe you had time to do this with your crazy move.

i'm gonna go with "you were my everything" by. . . jodi watley?

long shot.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I'm just too slow.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Is it the song that goes something like...
....why don't cha babe....(something, something) Why don't you babe...You just keep me hanging on...." !?!?!?! Not sure made if I made any sense there...lol! And I think the chick who sings "Kids in America" sings it? Am I way off? I am usually so good at 80's music...this was tough

1:41 PM  
Blogger kate said...

i think linsey is right. i think it's "keep me hanging on" by kim. . . kim. . .kim WILDE!?

2:25 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Glad to see you are back! I missed your blog!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

I just seriously suck at this although I am totally an eighties girl. I think I'm going to start a game with lines from 80's movies. Only then I couldn't play... hmmm. Maybe someone else should start that game...

3:46 PM  
Blogger mamashine said...

Yup. You Keep Me Hangin' On by Kim Wilde.

...and there ain't nothing I can do about it.... is the next line I think. :)

mama d, I do a movie game on Fridays. I've only done 80s once, but I think I will be doing more soon. Come play!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Sugarmama said...

Hey, I just found your blog through Mama D. Hate that I missed this contest, 'cause someone already guessed what I was going to say. But I'll come back! Nice blog title, by the way.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I came through Mama D too. Bring on the trivia fun!

I like the Cyndi Lauper tribute as well in your title.

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home