Sunday, May 14, 2006

80’s Sunday, That’s My Fun Day

Welcome to the first ever “80’s Sunday, That’s My Fun Day.” I experimented with this last week and have decided to make it a regular addition to my site every Sunday.

Below are the lyrics to a popular 80’s song. Without using the internet as a resource (and we’re on the HONOR SYSTEM here, ladies), guess the song and artist and name them in your comment. First to do so correctly wins. You win nothing, but if you beat ABC Momma you will win my applause and respect – she’s your competition, and also the inspiration behind this little challenge. Enjoy!

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it

8 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

Is it Heart and "Something's Goin' On"?

Beth, YES, you're my tag! The game is on my blogspot site, just copy it somewhere and change the answers for you & paste your copy onto your page. Can't wait to read it!

I'm going to put a note for people to go to Typepad for at least the next 2 weeks, so don't change your link--hopefully, if someone clicks my pals' links to the blogspot site, that person will click the typepad link too! We'll see....

9:29 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

My first guess was Richard Marx. But I think cmommy may have it right.

Obviously I need to brush up on my skills.

How was graduation?

11:38 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Scratch that previous post.

As I was mulling over this in bed, the chorus came to me and now I know that it's Michael McDonald singing "Never Gonna Give You Up." Wow, I almost let you down.

2:03 AM  
Blogger kate said...

it's rick astley or aston singing never gonna give you up!

: )

8:42 AM  
Blogger beth said...

Wow, I think we may have a weird tie. It is, in fact, Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley. So congratulations to both ABC Momma and Kate for the joint effort. Very nice ladies. Who is Michael McDonald?

Well, we're off to Philly tomorrow, so I probably won't be around for the next few days. My Hubby assembles yet another box as I sit typing this. I must go.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Michael McDonald was a singer for the Doobie Bros and a bit for Steely Dan and also has done a lot of solo stuff. His voice is deep and heavy--kind of like Rick Astley's.

Kate takes the cake and deserves all the applause and respect. Maybe everyone should try to beat her next week.

It's just too much pressure :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

I am a dismal failure! And, this is my music genre, my high school stuff!!! ouch!

congrats, ladies :-)

10:18 PM  
Blogger mamashine said...

Michael McDonald was in the Doobie Brothers? Wow, I didn't know that. I only know his newer solo stuff. Hmm.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home