Monday, May 08, 2006

80's Name That Tune

In honor of ABC Momma, who I owe one to for tagging her last week and then realizing she gets the heebegeebees when she is tagged, I am issuing a challenge just for her. In the same tag where she expresses her discomfort at being a tag-gee, she also asserts that she would be champion of an 80's Name That Tune. I kind of liked the idea because in truth I actually think I would be the winner, but hey, I tagged her and feel bad so I'll get this going and not even be there to face off.

Below are the lyrics to a song from the 80's. Be the first to name the song and artist and you win...I don't know what. Respect? Love? Adoration? Well, you may just have to be satisfied with the knowledge that you won and beat a self-proclaimed guru - that's assuming, of course, that she doesn't beat all ya'll (and no internet resources allowed). Good Luck!

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich


Addendum: If you are reading this now you are way too late. ABC Momma had it immediately. But please do leave a comment if you would be interested in another 80's Tune challenge.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

EASY - Men at Work with "Land Down Under". (Can't you hear the thunder?)

Uh-huh. (I'm doing the cabbage patch right now.)

I can be tagged, I just don't like to assign tags--I guess I don't want to leave anyone out.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

I was beat! That one was easy! Its now stuck in my head now! :)

12:10 PM  
Blogger beth said...

Yeah yeah. I gave you guys that one. But I had to gauge my audience, didn't I? And c'mon, when faced with the opportunity to post anything regarding vegemite you have to take it! Should I do this again I will choose something a bit more obscure.

And yeah, ABC Momma wooped ya'll! (You better run, you better take cover.) And yeah, I've had it in my head for 12 hours now.

I'm thinking perhaps "Tune Tuesday"...any thoughts?

4:19 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

If you're serious, I'll add Tune Tuesday to my sidebar.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

I'm better with hearing the tune than reading the lyrics. I had no idea what it was.

2:17 PM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

That's a fun thing to do each week. BTW, found you from CMOMMY I think. Here's the interesting thing about your profile and me:

I lived in Chicago, moved to Philly, lived there for 7 years, and moved back to Chicago.

So, if you are not familiar with the Phila area, email me and I can help out--where exactly in Phila are you going? I was in Langhorne, home of Sesame Place!

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home